Account Submitted Anonymously by “Space is the Place” Viewer:
Around 7:00 – 7:20 pm, Sunday, October 17, 2004, in San Antonio, Texas the following happened:
– My wife and I were walking our two dogs around sunset, trying to get finished before it got too dark to safely walk the dogs. We were returning to our house in Alamo Heights (San Antonio suburb), walking past the Alamo Heights high school.
– I commented on the beautiful sunset to our left, and we stopped our walk, and both admired the sunset. It was quite pretty, one of those really good, bright Texas sunsets.
– My wife then pointed out a distinct ball that had appeared in the sunset clouds…
– I looked to where my wife was indicating and saw this object very clearly. It was absolutely distinct, with a greyish edge outline.
– The object appeared like a distant but clearly round planet might appear in space, distinctly round, very likely a globe, but with no surface features. It appeared to have a smooth surface. it was not moving against the clouds.
– We quickly saw more and more distinct balls appearing throughout the cloud banks. Then, after there were several large globes / balls in view, some of them suddenly had 3 – 4 smaller balls appear next to them… when these new spheres appeared, they were to the bigger objects’ left, our right. These new smaller globes / spheres then would move off. We had no real idea about what we were seeing.
– We estimated that in total there were at least a dozen large objects and many more smaller objects.
– Most were primarily in two sizes and round in shape, but there were some triangular ones as well. The triangular shapes had rounded corners.
– The objects were as distinct and solid-appearing as marbles.
– The round objects were very distinct balls or globes, with definite firm outlines and consistent appearances. Others, when they appeared, were more triangular, but they remained that way, and the round ones stayed round. They all remained quite distinct and clear through this episode.
– Early on I saw one round object that was so distinct and bright that I mentioned to my wife that it looked like an airplane’s landing light, although the light was reddish… my wife told me she had not mentioned it because she was sure it was an airplane. I thought that might somehow help explain what we were seeing, perhaps some sort of reflections of the airplane’s landing lights. We both viewed this specific object for a while, and it wasn’t an airplane. It moved to the right for a bit, then stopped and just hung there. It hung in the sky throughout the episode.
– We spent the next 5 minutes or so excitingly pointing to yet another globe / ball or triangular object that simply appeared, or others that were moving left or right relative to all the other balls.
– This type of activity was going on throughout our field of vision and beyond so that we had to scan a bit of the sky to take in all the objects. I estimate around a 20 – 30 degree field of view was necessary to encompass all of this. We of course were primarily going from one specific focus to another, but I would occasionally widen my view to take in more of the big picture.
– As time passed, to the left side of the scenario, we watched some smaller balls that had come out of a larger ball. They began to morph into what looked like small, fiery-red, still distinct objects against a very dark background. All of this developed quite quickly. The objects continued to morph into more and more complex shapes and more detail against the dark background. It appeared to me that they morphed into some sort of cuneiform, or hieroglyphics. The images were quite distinct and clear, if very small, but what they were specifically I could not tell.
– My wife later described this same activity as looking like “moving braille-like characters”.
– This particular display then morphed into what looked exactly like a medium-sized city at night (black background, white glowing city lights) as seen from onboard an approaching aircraft. (2017 – While I was at the Monroe Institute in Faber, Virginia, we had the opportunity to go outside at this very dark sky location and observe the night sky through binoculars. I looked at the Milky Way through the binoculars and immediately knew what I had been shown in 2004; this 2004 specific view was identical to that of the star fields I saw in 2017 in the Milky Way, but where specifically, I have no way of knowing.)
– Then, very suddenly the whole show (writing characters, globes, other objects, etc.) began to quickly fade and merge back into (the effect appeared to us) the clouds behind them.
– The entire incident was completely non-threatening with a calmness about it. It lasted for about 5 – 10 minutes or so.
– The whole effect was as though the visual “show” was generally unfolding toward us. It appeared that each new activity took place in front of, or at least came out of and to the side or below the previous objects.
– There was no noise of any kind associated with the visuals.
– We really did not have time to ask ourselves what they were because we were simply too busy pointing out one or another new item or activity to each other.
– It was quite clear that my wife and I saw the same exact images because we repeatedly pointed out one or another object to each other, and we would then get immediate confirmation. It was unbelievable, except that my wife and I clearly saw this.
– After we returned home, I asked my wife to go into another room and write down what she saw. I did the same. We then reviewed our notes, and they described the same observations, right down the line.
– I called my mother to see if she had seen anything in the sunset, but she had not watched it.
– I also called my friend to see if he or his wife had viewed the sunset, but they had not. I spoke to my friend at length about this.
– I called WOAI TV news hotline to see if anyone else had seen and reported anything, they had not received any news like this.
– I reported this at the time to Mufon and to the National UFO Reporting Center.
– The next week I asked at the law enforcement academy where I was a student if anyone had noticed anything unusual that particular evening. No one had, although one student said he had seen a particularly beautiful sunset.